Registration fee refunds are made only under the following circumstances:
- A full refund will be made if the College cancels a class.
- A student who officially withdraws from a continuing education class prior to the first class meeting shall be eligible for a 100 percent refund.
- After the respective class begins, a 75 percent refund shall be made upon the request of the student if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to or on the ten percent point of the scheduled hours of the class. (Note: This rule is applicable regardless of the number of times the class meets or the number of hours the class is scheduled to meet.)
- A 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from a contact hour class prior to the first day of class or if the College cancels the class. A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from a contact hour class on or before the tenth calendar day of the class.
- Refunds of registration fees for community service self-supporting classes and activities will be granted only in the case of paid pre-registration if requested in writing to the VP of Workforce and Community Development prior to the first session of the class.
- If a student who paid the required registration fee dies during that semester, all registration fees for that semester or term may be refunded to the estate of the deceased.
- A full refund of registration fees will be granted to military reserve and National Guard personnel called to active duty or active personnel who have received temporary or permanent reassignments outside the state of NC. In addition, the College will buy back textbooks through the college’s bookstore to the extent possible.