Region 4 Childcare Resource and Referral (CCR&R) serves as a lead Child Care Resource and Referral agency in southeastern North Carolina serving seven counties. As a lead CCR&R, we ensure statewide project goals and outcomes are accomplished by collaboration with childcare facilities and agencies serving children and families with young children in Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin, New Hanover, Pender and Sampson counties in North Carolina.
CCR&R Core services include consumer education and referral, professional development, technical assistance, data collection, analysis and dissemination, and public awareness. Services support families and the childcare system by:
- Gathering supply and demand data to show a need and help improve the local early education/school-age system.
- Equipping families with consumer education and public awareness materials that educate and inform on early care and education and assist with choosing childcare for their children.
- Providing referrals to childcare facilities when parents are searching for childcare arrangements.
Services also include the facilitation and development of pathways to higher education for the early childhood workforce by:
- Providing professional development and technical assistance opportunities to childcare providers.
- Maintaining and using a childcare/early care and education database, to document childcare needs and gaps and to generate reports.
- Playing a key role in informing the public and those affected by childcare policies.
- Acting as a partner in community planning for early care and education.