Transfer Assured Admissions Policy (TAAP)
The TAAP assures admission to one of the 16 UNC institutions under the following conditions:
- Admission is not assured to a specific campus or specific program or major.
- Students must have graduated from a North Carolina community college with an associate in arts or associate in science degree.
- Students must meet all requirements of the CAA.
- Students must have an overall GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, as calculated by the college from which they graduated, and a grade of C or better in all CAA courses.
- Students must be academically eligible for re-admission to the last institution attended.
- Students must meet judicial requirements of the institution to which they apply.
- Students must meet all application requirements at the receiving institution including the submission of all required documentation by stated deadlines.
If a student is denied admission to a UNC institution, then he or she will be notified in writing by the institution. In this notification, the student will be directed to the College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC) website (wwww.cfnc.org) where the student will be given information regarding space availability and contacts in the respective UNC Admission offices. It is the student’s responsibility to contact each institution’s admissions office to get specific information about admission and available majors.
If the previous steps do not result in admission to a UNC institution, then the student should contact the CFNC Resource Center at 1-866-866-CFNC.